About a Movement

About a Movement

I was going to say:
I need a house
But then I changed it to:
Everyone needs land
Note: everyone
I thought about
a protest movement
but how?s that possible
on my own?
I?m not a holy man
who can live on a handful of rice
and a pitcher of water
I need a shirt and a pair of pants
to cover my nakedness
I thought about a protest movement
but how?s that possible
if I don?t speak out?

(Anonymous poem on the calendar-poster Tanah Untuk Rakyat. The author, Wiji Thukul, is still missing, assumed kidnapped and later killed by the military during the 1998 reformasi movement.)

Source:
Land for the People: The State and Agrarian Conflict in Indonesia
by Anton Lucas
Ohio University Press Athens
? 2013 by the
Center for International Studies
Ohio University
All rights reserved


reff : http://www.wijithukul.tk/2015/08/about-movement.html
Share this article :

Related Post



 

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Kumpulan Puisi, Sajak & Cerita - All Rights Reserved

Distributed By Free Blogger Templates | Lyrics | Songs.pk | Download Ringtones | HD Wallpapers For Mobile

Proudly powered by Blogger